[Buildroot] Fwd: Re: grub2 failure with gcc-4.9

Steve Kenton skenton at ou.edu
Thu Feb 5 18:44:22 UTC 2015

Oops, hit reply instead of reply-all

On 02/05/2015 10:16 AM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>  Dear Thierry Bultel,
>
>  On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 17:15:13 +0100, Thierry Bultel wrote:
>
>>  With gcc-4.9 from Ubuntu
>>
>>  (in grub2.mk, I set TARGET_CC="/usr/bin/gcc" \
>>  	TARGET_CFLAGS="-m32" \
>>  )
>>
>>  ... grub hangs.
I'm not sure if it's related but I think we are mixing host and
target grub2. When you run ~output/host/usr/sbin/grub-install
any scripts it runs such as grub-mkimage are run from the
build hosts /usr/... and not buildroot HOSTDIR or TARGETDIR
I have been getting elf header mismatches which I think are
differences between grub 2.00 and grub 2.01-beta

Steve Kenton