[Buildroot] trying to use https://github.com/beagleboard/linux.git with buildroot

Craig Swank craigswank at fastmail.fm
Sun Dec 27 17:01:10 UTC 2015

I'll be interested in how your tests for the DTC patch go.  I'm not
having luck with the bone_capemgr at the moment and am considering
filing a bug at beagleboard/linux.

Will your tests involve compiling a .dtbo file and doing an echo command
to /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots?  When I try to load my dtbo
file (for dallas one wire temperature sensor), the expected kernel
modules don't get loaded even though no errors show up in dmesg.

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015, at 08:28 AM, Chris LaRocque wrote:

> Hello

> I'm running a new beaglebone_defconfig as we speak and may be able to
> post a patch this afternoon.

> The DTC patch will take me a couple of days to test. What I posted
> earlier was a hack that accomplished my needs but it needs to be a
> little more refined. I'll review the debian install script at github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-
> overlays to see how to best incorporate both the DTC patch and the
> device tree overlays. Can I put the DTC patch into the
> /board/beaglebone directory and have it specified for application in
> the board defconfig? Suggestions on this aspect would be much
> appreciated.

> Regards

> Pushing back the boundaries of ignorance.

> I'd like to help out, but it might take a bit of hand holding for me

since I'm pretty new to buildroot and submitting patches.  I suppose the

things that would need to be changed would be

1. configs/beaglbone_defconfig

2. the uEnv.txt file needs to be different in output/images

3. Chris attached a patch for the host dtc

4. Two configs for the kernel build need to change

I have a diff for configs/beaglebone_defconfig but everything else I'm

not sure where to start.

If someone has time to coach me through this I'm happy to learn, but if

it is easier for someone else to do this I could learn from that too.

--

  Craig Swank

--
  Craig Swank