[Buildroot] [V4 2/3] perl-mail-spamassassin: new package

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sun Dec 13 17:57:44 UTC 2015

François,

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 17:12:32 +0100, François Perrad wrote:

> > Also, since you're fixing several independent problems, what about
> > doing a single patch for each problem ?
> >
> > Do you think you could write the patches in a way that makes them
> > potentially acceptable upstream ?
> >

> No way.

Why ? After all, everything that you did could be made conditional
under a CROSS_COMPILE boolean variable for example. Or the BUILD_SPAMC
variable could be made to work also on Linux and not only on Windows,
etc.

> >> +config BR2_PACKAGE_PERL_MAIL_SPAMASSASSIN_CONTACT_ADDRESS
> >> +     string "contact address"
> >> +     default "the administrator of that BR system"
> >
> > Do we really need a compile time option for this? Can't this be
> > configured at run-time in some configuration file?
> >

> Yes, the string is subsituted in several scripts, not in single
> configuration file.

Argh :/

> > Shouldn't the default be an empty string rather than the "the
> > administrator of that BR system" ?
>
> This is the default value from the SpamAssassin Makefile.PL, I just added "BR".

I think "the administrator of that BR system" is a pretty silly default
string, especially when what is wanted is an e-mail address or URL. So
either put contact at dummy.net, or http://dummy.net or something like
that.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons