[Buildroot] [psa] various server software upgrades

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Mon Dec 7 23:02:01 UTC 2015

Mike, All,

On 2015-12-07 17:54 -0500, Mike Frysinger spake thusly:
> we're already at (3).  even if we weren't, i don't see how transitioning
> would affect the SNI issue.  the question is simple: how long do you want
> to (try to) support old systems where people refuse to fix their setup ?
> we're talking about systems that are over three years old (wget-1.14 was
> released in Aug 2012).  what is your cut off ?  3 years ?  4 years ?

A lot of companies are still using RHEL5, which was released in 2007.

Yes, that's old. But once an enterprise has settled on their "production
environment", it lasts years, up to the decade or more. Yes, we are
still trying to have Buildroot work in such an old environment...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.