[Buildroot] Add missing config to RPM target package

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Aug 31 14:32:23 UTC 2015

Dear Andreas Ehmanns,

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015 21:28:54 +0200, Andreas Ehmanns wrote:

> in my first try I had no pcre support, so rpm package was built with
> --with-pcre=none
> Trying to install a binary rpm just containing one file on my target
> system failed at the very beginning when rpm was checking package
> dependencies. Setting --with-pcre=internal solved this problem. So it
> seems to me that pcre is necessary to to dependency checks which is in
> my opinion one of the main features or rpm. Isn't it?

If that's indeed the case, then pcre support is really mandatory for
RPM to be useful. Therefore, can you send a patch to make the pcre
dependency a mandatory one? Don't forget to add a comment explaining
why we're making it mandatory even if RPM makes it an optional
dependency.

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons