[Buildroot] CMake and VERBOSE variable

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Aug 31 07:28:22 UTC 2015

Arnout, Cédric,

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 01:10:39 +0200, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

>  For autotools it depends a lot on the version. Relatively recent automake (at
> least 1.15) has the V=0/1 option, but it defaults to 1 I think.

It actually depends on how AM_SILENT_RULES is used:

 * If it's not used, then the build is verbose, and V=0/1 has no effect.

 * If AM_SILENT_RULES is used, with no special argument, then it
   defaults to verbose (V=1), but can be made quiet by passing V=0

 * If AM_SILENT_RULES([yes]) is used, then it defaults to quiet (V=0)
   and can be made verbose by passing V=1.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons