[Buildroot] bootm - "Starting kernel"

Brendan Heading brendanheading at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 23:47:42 UTC 2015

> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7776320 Aug 12 14:53 rootfs.cpio.uboot
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3539008 Aug 12 14:53 uImage
>
> On my target, I did the TFTP downloads of the above two files in SDRAM. The uImage is loaded at 0x02000000; rootfd.cpio.uboot:

Tommy,

Can you send through the System.map file generated by the kernel ?
It's interesting that the kernel has apparently been linked to start
at 0x0000 0000. I'm not so familiar with ARM; maybe that's normal.

Also, can you run the test again, except without loading the ramdisk.
Just load the kernel. It will probably still fail but it's one less
variable.

Is there a device tree file for this board ? If so you probably need
to configure it in buildroot and load it using u-boot/pass it to the
kernel.

regards

Brendan