[Buildroot] Email list volume

Bernd Kuhls bernd.kuhls at t-online.de
Sun Aug 9 08:18:50 UTC 2015

Am Sat, 08 Aug 2015 22:32:11 +0200 schrieb Thomas Petazzoni:

> So this 1500 e-mail for today is really exceptional. Though I agree in
> general that the volume of traffic on the list is quite high. If you
> have suggestions to make it more reasonable, it would definitely be
> interesting.

Hi Thomas,

what about creating a second newsgroup for commit messages only? Patches
should still be sent to this newsgroup and the discussion takes place
here.

Here are some examples from other projects:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.cvs
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.cvs
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.encryption.gpg.cvs
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg.cvs
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gcc.cvs
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.binutils.cvs

and many, many other mailinglists ending with ".cvs"

Regards, Bernd