[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Aug 6 18:50:38 UTC 2015

Dear Guillaume GARDET - Oliséo,

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015 16:07:10 +0200, Guillaume GARDET - Oliséo wrote:

> >> What would be the best way to fix it? Maybe a "depends on !BR2_STATIC_LIBS" ?
> > Either fix c-icap, or simpler, make it depends on !BR2_STATIC_LIBS (and
> > don't forget the corresponding comment).
>
> Will send a patch to depends on !BR2_STATIC_LIBS.
> For the comment, '# dlopen' is enough?

Yes, but I was actually referring to the Config.in comment to express
the dynamic library dependency.

Hum, wait. Look at c-icap/Config.in:

config BR2_PACKAGE_C_ICAP
        bool "c-icap"
        depends on !BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LIB
        depends on BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS

It already has the dependency, it is just wrong: it should be
BR2_STATIC_LIBS and not BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LIB. I'll fix that up.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons