[Buildroot] dpkg and apt for buildroot?

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Apr 14 22:34:55 UTC 2015

On 14/04/15 22:02, Mark Mason wrote:
> While I'm at it, almost all of the traffic on this list is related to
> development of buildroot rather than development with buildroot.  Is
> there a better place for questions (after the documentation and web
> searches have not provided answers), or is this it?

 This is it. Development with buildroot pretty quickly winds down to development
of buildroot, since you'll often have to add some package - not so much because
buildroot doesn't have enough packages, but rather because it is used in pretty
specific circumstances that require adding specific packages.

 We have considered splitting the list into a buildroot-devel and
buildroot-users, but the buildroot-users list would be almost empty, and the
devel subjects (i.e. new packages being added) are often also relevant for users.

 Regards,
 Arnout