[Buildroot] [RFC] Move host-pkgconf dependency to package/pkg-autotools.mk

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Apr 10 12:09:42 UTC 2015

Dear Bernd Kuhls,

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 12:52:29 +0200, Bernd Kuhls wrote:

> and we have ~30 generic packages also depending on host-pkgconf. What about
> adding the host-pkgconf dependency to package/pkg-generic.mk instead?

This part is clearly a no-go for me: we also have ~300 hundred generic
packages, and only 10% of them need host-pkgconf. So adding
host-pkgconf as a mandatory dependency that is in fact useless for 90%
of the packages is clearly not acceptable.

We should really aim at *reducing* the dependencies and the build time,
not bringing useless dependencies into the build of packages that don't
need them.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons