[Buildroot] Fwd: Re: [git commit] boot/at91bootstrap3: migrate to pkg-kconfig

Patrick Noffke patrick at noffke.me
Tue Apr 7 18:25:52 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, April 07, 2015 12:50:47 PM Patrick Noffke wrote:
> Sorry, didn't send to the list.
>
> My problem may be because I patched at91bootstrap3, and I probably missed
> something there.  I was changing some of its configuration to enable SDRAM
and
> NOR flash for this board.
>

> >     cp $(YOUR_CONFIG_FILE)  $(AT91BOOTSTRAP3_DIR)/.config
> >     make oldconfig
> >
> This is my problem.  I didn't know about oldconfig -- I thought defconfig was
> getting run.
>
> make oldconfig is replacing some of my settings for the at91bootstrap3
package.

> In particular, in my custom config, I have
>
> #CONFIG_MACH_TYPE="1830"
> CONFIG_MACH_TYPE="0xFFFFFFFF"
> CONFIG_SDRAM=y
>
> and these are getting replaced with
>
> CONFIG_MACH_TYPE="1830"
> # CONFIG_SDRAM is not set
>
> Should oldconfig be doing this?

If I add:

	select CONFIG_SDRAM

to output/build/at91bootstrap3-v3.7.1/board/at91sam9m10g45ek/Config.in.board,
then the CONFIG_SDRAM=y line is not replaced when oldconfig is run.

I don't understand oldconfig, but from a bit of Googling it sounds like it
should only write config options that don't already exist in the current .config
file.  Is that correct?  If so, is it a bug in the at91bootstrap3 kconfig code?

Thanks,
Patrick