[Buildroot] postgreSQL in buildroot

Александр Глухов alexandrgluhov at mail.ru
Wed Oct 29 12:46:04 UTC 2014

Hello, I'm using Buildroot for building Linux on my one-boarded computer on the base of freescale i.mx28. And I select postgresql in make menuconfig window. Now I want to configure postgresql, I mean, I want to set database destination, name, username and password, port and create tables in database but I don't know how to do it. And I have not enough experience in it. I tried search config files and tried run initdb and createdb on i.mx28, but unsuccessfully. When I run the i.mx, I get the following messages:

Initializing postgresql data base...
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale "C".
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to "SQL_ASCII".
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

Data page checksums are disabled.

fixing permissions on existing directory /var/lib/pgsql ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers ... 64MB
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /var/lib/pgsql/base/1 ... ok
initializing pg_authid ... ok
initializing dependencies ... ok
creating system views ... ok
creating collations ... sh: locale: not found
ok
No usable system locales were found.
Use the option "--debug" to see details.
creating conversions ... ok
creating dictionaries ... ok
setting privileges on built-in objects ... ok
creating information schema ... ok
vacuuming database template1 ... ok
copying template1 to template0 ... ok
copying template1 to postgres ... ok
syncing data to disk ... ok

WARNING: enabling "trust" authentication for local connections
You can change this by editing pg_hba.conf or using the option -A, or
--auth-local and --auth-host, the next time you run initdb.

Success. You can now start the database server using:

    /usr/bin/postgres -D /var/lib/pgsql
or
    /usr/bin/pg_ctl -D /var/lib/pgsql -l logfile start

done
Starting postgresql: server starting
OK

So, it seems, that postgreSQL works, and create database template with user postgres.
I already read documentation, but I still have this problem.
So, could you help me, or advise something, because I have not enough experience to do it by myself.

With best regards,
Alexandr Glukhov