[Buildroot] [RFC] Responsive Design Website

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 14:15:59 UTC 2014

Hi Angelo,

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 2:31 PM, Angelo Compagnucci
<angelo.compagnucci at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Thomas!
>
>> Some comments:
>>
>> - the 'Buildroot' button top-left should link to the home page,
>> currently it links to #.
>> - for some reason, the website does not support zooming on Android
>> with Dolphin Browser. I haven't checked other browsers. Is this
>> expected?
>
> Yes, it's expected, I disabled zooming due to the responsive layout.
> If you want, I can re-enable it, but it's a little bit in contrast
> with RD principles.

This is arguable. Here is an interesting link on this topic:
http://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/37511/should-users-be-able-to-zoom-in-a-responsive-webdesign

>From the top answers it seems the consensus is that zooming should be possible.

>> - on a desktop, the Sponsors page does not look the same way as the
>> original. (Firefox 29 on Linux)
>
> As stated in the original email, the work is not complete, I started
> with the homepage and included header and footer just to show
> something. Obviously, if you love the result, I can commit a full set
> of patches.
> In the next few days, I'll update my copy of the website, when it
> looks as expected, I'll send a PR.

I definitely like these changes. Of course I cannot speak for the
entire community, but I do not expect anyone to object against a
better mobile experience of the website, provided that the desktop
experience remains good.

Looking forward to the result!