[Buildroot] systemd not working properly?

Maxime Hadjinlian maxime.hadjinlian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 08:45:10 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas ,all

On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 12:45 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Dear systemd/Buildroot users,
>
> I don't use systemd much, but every time I need to test a config with
> systemd enabled, there are quite a few errors at boot time, and more
> precisely, it doesn't even boot completely. Here are the errors I get:
>
> [FAILED] Failed to start Remount Root and Kernel File Systems.
> See 'systemctl status systemd-remount-fs.service' for details.
>
> Then a *very* long delay because of dev-ttyAMA0.device., that finally
> ends up with:
>
> [ TIME ] Timed out waiting for device dev-ttyAMA0.device.
> [DEPEND] Dependency failed for Serial Getty on ttyAMA0.
>
> And finally, I get no getty at all.
So this particular issues, is due to the fact that for some reason,
systemd doesn't like the fact that ttyAMA0 is a serial-link. If you
delete the link in /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/ and
recreate it to point to getty at .service instead of
serial-getty at .service, it will boot up fine.
I am still looking into why it doesn't work. I am exploring some idea.