[Buildroot] google-breakpad experiences?

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 14:53:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

Has anyone successfully used google-breakpad on MIPS64 and/or PowerPC targets?

For MIPS64/n32 ABI I had to make a few compilation fixes, but a simple
test program (copied from their wiki) does not provide any dump.

For PowerPC I added some code to make it compile, and although the
support I added is not yet complete, I could build it but it does not
produce any dump either.

On the MIPS version I did some debugging and found that the dumper
child was created but did not seem to run, and thus no dump was taken.

When building for x86_64 (qemu) things worked fine.

Did any of you succeed in using google-breakpad on embedded targets?

Thanks,