[Buildroot] Review of FOSDEM 2014 meeting action points

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Oct 8 16:14:24 UTC 2014

Dear Maxime Hadjinlian,

On Wed, 8 Oct 2014 13:01:56 +0200, Maxime Hadjinlian wrote:

> >>  - SystemV/systemd init scripts. The idea was to do automatic
> >>    installation of init scripts / service files located in
> >>    package/<foo>/. Maxime Hadjinlian said he would work on this, but
> >>    not much happened. On a related note, there is a need to separate
> >>    the skeleton to not avoid Busybox-related init scripts in a pure
> >>    systemd configuration.
> I know.. shame on me.

No problem. The point of doing a review of the action points is
definitely *not* to put the blame on anybody.

> I still have a branch with a beginning of something. I would *really*
> like to finish this during the dev-days, it would be great.

Ok. Though from my perspective, active development could better take
place outside of the dev-days. Maybe focusing the dev-days on
cleaning up the patchwork backlog is a better idea.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons