[Buildroot] Raspaudio : how to use buildroot as a git submodule

Jeremy Rosen jeremy.rosen at openwide.fr
Wed Oct 8 10:11:27 UTC 2014

----- Mail original -----
> Hi, Jeremy
>
> That's a pretty long README and it's very clear. I've just sent you a
> pull request fixing a few typos, I couldn't think of any else to
> change.

thx, merged.

yeah, I have to admit that this README is more or less an internal
documentation on how to personalize buildroot

> I'm now using this latest version with my project and everything
> seems fine.
> I'm using a post build script to modify inittab accordingly and
> packages to selectively install the binary blobs I need on the
> simulation machine, so now I live happy with a fully common overlay.

it would be handy to have multiple overlays, but it's not possible with
the current buildroot infrastructure...

This is the last point where you can't have a common+per-variant config
in buildroot submodule. I'm considering a BR patch, but nothing has
been written yet...

> I didn't know about building the toolchain as a separate project. It
> looks cool, although I'm currently using prebuilt toolchains and have
> not tested it yet.

Yeah, that was a "hey, that would be cool" moment while writing the
documentation. I quickly tested it and it works, so I added the
section to the documentation

I'm glad this helps

Regards
Jérémy