[Buildroot] Topics to discuss at the meeting

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Oct 8 08:56:53 UTC 2014

Hello,

The meeting is approaching, so to foster some preliminary discussion,
here is the current list of topics we have in the Wiki:

 - Look-back to action points from previous developer days at Fosdem
   2014: is everything that was decided done? What remains?

 - Patch naming: current convention is
   package-number-description.patch, but a proposal was made on the
   list to simplify this to number-description.patch. Go or no-go?

 - Since Luca will be present: state of legal-info infrastructure,
   improvements to be made?

   - Could more details be added here (by Thomas DS, who proposed the
     topic)

 - Discussion on atomic operations and how to handle the related
   dependencies at the kconfig level

 - Cleanup the patchwork; triage patches in two categories:

   - things that hasn't been pushed enough but that we believe is useful

   - things that haven't been pushed enough and that are too anecdotic
     for us to care about

 - Pending large series:

   - The paranoid wrapper series from Thomas P.
   - The march/mcpu conflict on ARM series from Thomas P.
   - The Qemu series from Yann
   - The freerdp series from Yann
   - The NVidia series from Yann
   - The OpenCV series from Samuel
   - The apr-util/apache series from Bernd
   - The gendoc series from Yann (IMPORTANT)
   - The X.org/i.MX6 series from Jérôme
   - The libudev series from Yann (IMPORTANT)

 - Key-signing party: it would be usefull to have a web-of-trust
   amongst Buildroot developpers, to submit sensitive information, such
   as the hashes.

 - Project maintenance:

   - Peter seems to be less active now

   - Thomas (who acts as deputy committer) has new responsibilities,
     and risks being less available too

  - How do we see the short- and long-term maintenance of the project?

 - Should we move buildroot.org to its own server, and split from
   busybox.net and uclibc.org?

Feel free to comment on these topics, or add new ones. For those who
have an account, do not hesitate to update the Wiki accordingly.

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons