[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2014-10-05

Matthew Weber matthew.weber at rockwellcollins.com
Mon Oct 6 20:41:50 UTC 2014

Hi Alexey,

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Alexey Brodkin
<Alexey.Brodkin at synopsys.com> wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> On Mon, 2014-10-06 at 15:20 -0500, Matthew Weber wrote:
>> Ok, good point. I wonder if it's something that could be set by
>> default during the toolchain detection based on GCC >= 4.7 and
>> existence of atomicops.h?
>
> Well definitely that's possible.
> You may see how it's implemented here -
> http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/package/gcc/gcc.mk#n112
>
> But
> 1. Are you sure that with GCC >= 4.7 atomic ops are always there?

Not sure yet, the atomicops.h file actually is part of the protobuf
package not gcc (my confusion on that one).  So I'll have to do some
research on the generic atomics implementation that they do in that
header and figure-out why the >= 4.7 dependency is checked when this
package builds.   It might just be what this package picked as a
minimum version for it's generic atomics implementation.

> 2. I assume it is only applicable to one particular architecture?
At this point I'm not sure if it's just specific to how this package
is checking or if it would be something that could be checked for.
protobuf implements custom atomics for specific architectures and
defaults to a requirement of GCC >= 4.7.  Looking at buildroot in
general, I'm wondering if the only thing that's missing is a minimum
GCC version if atomics is enabled (need to still confirm this and it
would probably be arch independent)

--
Matthew L Weber / Pr Software Engineer
Airborne Information Systems / Security Systems and Software

Note: Any Export License Required Information and License Restricted
Third Party Intellectual Property (TPIP) content must be encrypted and
sent to matthew.weber at corp.rockwellcollins.com.