[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2014-10-05

Matthew Weber matthew.weber at rockwellcollins.com
Mon Oct 6 20:20:45 UTC 2014

Hi Alexey,

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Alexey Brodkin
<Alexey.Brodkin at synopsys.com> wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>

> On Mon, 2014-10-06 at 14:47 -0500, Matthew Weber wrote:
>> Thomas, Gustoavo,
>
>> They actually cleaned up the library and now default to the GCC
>> provided generics.  So in the case of PPC it doesn't even need a
>> definition in this file.  However.....  These powerpc builds use a gcc
>> 4.5 compiler which doesn't provide the generic atomicops
>> implementation which is only exposed if GCC >= 4.7.  I looked at the
>> BR2_ARCH_HAS_ATOMICS option as a possible dependency
>> to fix this but it seems like that option is always set if the ARCH
>> supports it.  Not necessarily based on if a toolchain provides a
>> generic.  Thoughts?
>
> Well it's not necessary hard-coded for particular arches.
> For example on ARC
> http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/arch/Config.in.arc we have an
> ability to select if toolchain will be built with atomics enabled or
> not. And then according to this selection BR2_ARCH_HAS_ATOMICS will be
> used for filtering packages that require atomics.
>
> Still this topic of atomics requires more love and discussions to
> follow.
>
> -Alexey

Ok, good point. I wonder if it's something that could be set by
default during the toolchain detection based on GCC >= 4.7 and
existence of atomicops.h?

--
Matthew L Weber / Pr Software Engineer
Airborne Information Systems / Security Systems and Software

Note: Any Export License Required Information and License Restricted
Third Party Intellectual Property (TPIP) content must be encrypted and
sent to matthew.weber at corp.rockwellcollins.com.