[Buildroot] buildroot-2011.05-sdk5.1.2 python2.7.1

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Oct 1 14:36:23 UTC 2014

Dear Lijun QIN,

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 07:21:37 -0500, Lijun QIN wrote:

> Buildroot-2011.05:

You should definitely upgrade: we generally don't support a 3+ years old
Buildroot version since most likely the bug you will report have
already been fixed.

> Python build finished, but the necessary bits to build these modules were
> not found:
>
> _bsddb             _sqlite3           _tkinter
>
> bsddb185           dbm                gdbm
>
> linuxaudiodev      ossaudiodev        sunaudiodev
>
> To find the necessary bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for the
> module's name.
>
> Any body could kindly offer any advice ?

Yes: it's normal. Some modules (such as sunaudiodev) can probably not
even build on Linux systems. Some other modules, such as _bsddb,
_sqlite3 or _tkinter require additional external libraries to be built.
Most likely they have not been built.

Which module amongst those mentioned above are you interested in
getting built?

I don't remember what was the state of the Python support in Buildroot
2011.05, but we've done a *lot* of Python improvements over the last
few releases, so I would suggest you to first update your Buildroot
version, and then let us know if you still have any issue.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons