[Buildroot] Raspaudio : how to use buildroot as a git submodule

Jeremy Rosen jeremy.rosen at openwide.fr
Wed Oct 1 14:08:32 UTC 2014

Looking into it a bit deeper, I have a couple of questions for you..

in your current layout

* BR2_EXTERNAL is shared, so Config.in is shared and external.mk
is shared
* each project has its own overlay
* each project has its own local.mk
* each project has its own patch subdirectory...
* dl is shared

so I need to understand your use-case a little more.
As I said my use case is "same project, but different hardware" so
my favorite layout would be

* shared BR2_EXTERNAL
* shared overlay
* shared patches
* different config files
* don't care about local.mk, might as well make it different

This layout makes more sense to me (shared overlay and shared patches)
but I want to make sure it fits your use-case before I do the change

It makes little sense to me to have completely different projects
which are just sharing dl/ since dl is not saved in git and it's
more handy to have completely separate git repo in this case...

If you can tell me a little more, I'll see how I adapt this...