[Buildroot] Error: cannot create directory $buildroot/ouput/var/cache

Srikanth Thokala sriku.linux at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 12:08:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to use buildroot for the custom embedded project for which
I have cloned the 'beaglebone' configuration and customized for my
embedded platform (like a9 platform and codesourcey toolchain).  After
doing a 'make', I see the following error:

++++++++
mkdir -p /home/sriku/tmp/buildroot/output/target/etc
# Mandatory configuration file and auxilliary cache directory
# for recent versions of ldconfig
touch /home/sriku/tmp/buildroot/output/target/etc/ld.so.conf
mkdir -p /home/sriku/tmp/buildroot/output/target/var/cache/ldconfig
mkdir: cannot create directory
‘/home/sriku/tmp/buildroot/output/target/var/cache’: Not a directory
++++++++

Quickly walking through the above path, I see a file name 'cache'
already created under $buildroot/output/target/var/. So, I removed
this file and manually created var/cache/ldconfig directory and did a
'make'.  The build is success after this. I feel, I am missing some
configuration in the buildroot.

Please provide me some inputs to debug this.

Thanks in advance,
Srikanth