[Buildroot] Unable to boot Arm926t with big endian support

Peder Alm peder.alm at semcon.com
Tue Nov 18 13:43:46 UTC 2014

Dear Peter

> -8 is ENOEXEC, E.G. most likely invalid ELF variant.
>
> Your kernel is running in big endian mode, right?

How do I know if my kernel is running in BE mode? I have just changed the settings in Buildroot configuration. I found no settings for BE mode in the Linux kernel configuration when I added support for NFS.

I found this:
- ELF file magic:
- "\x7F""ELF"
- 0x464C457F on little endian machine
- 0x7F454C46 on big endian machine

It feels like modprobe is trying to load binfmt-464c to read the "inverted" ELF file (46='F', 4c='L').