[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2014-11-06

Vicente Olivert Riera Vincent.Riera at imgtec.com
Mon Nov 10 15:50:03 UTC 2014

On 11/08/2014 05:47 PM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Dear Vicente Olivert Riera,
>
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2014 10:19:26 +0000, Vicente Olivert Riera wrote:
>> On 11/07/2014 07:30 AM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>>> Build statistics for 2014-11-06
>>
>>>       mipsel |                     ola-0.8.33 | TIM | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/edb374fba996973c21b7b4ed13d5d07c457793a0/

>> make: ***
>> [/home/tmp/buildroot-test/instance-0/output/build/ola-0.8.33/.stamp_configured]
>> Terminated
>>
>> No error message. It looks like the autobuilder stopped suddenly.
>
> See the result status: it's "TIM" and not "NOK". This means that the
> build too longer than 4 hours, so it was interrupted by the
> autobuild-run logic.

Oh, thanks! I didn't noticed about that :-)

> You should simply ignore such results.

Do you think it would be a good idea to check the status before sending
the report to the mailing list? Something like this:

if status == TIM
  send_report_to_autobuilder_owner()
else
  send_report_to_mailing_list()
endif

>>>       mipsel |                  rt-tests-0.83 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/445bbbb0e6370cc2d1caf4ca66f59b8441f9dcda/
>>>       mipsel |                  rt-tests-0.83 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/88b67de17d7059b2aeb41c483e4c275e5d2f2ee1/
>>>       mipsel |                  rt-tests-0.83 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/e6cb3215fcefd76805abee98b277b810366e456c/
>>
>> I keep reporting this every day. The autobuilder which is reporting
>> these failures is not updated with the latest version of the
>> autobuilder-run script.
>>
>> I don't know who owns this autobuilder, but please, fix it so we will
>> not see the same useless reports gain and again.
>
> The autobuild-run script has now been updated today on all autobuilders,
> except on Peter autobuilders (I didn't receive an answer from Peter to
> my e-mail sent to the autobuilder "maintainers").
>
>>>     mips64el |                   tstools-1_11 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/e4ee0ae40ac9d58b3182db52d5a39e6ac3692f60/
>>
>> "Fatal error: can't create obj/esfilter.o: No such file or directory"
>>
>> I think this is a race condition problem due to the "obj" directory not
>> being created in time. I have reported the issue upstream.
>>
>> https://code.google.com/p/tstools/issues/detail?id=29
>
> If this is a race condition, we could switch to using $(MAKE1) for this
> package until the issue gets resolved upstream.

Good idea. Unfortunately nobody confirmed that upstream, and this
failure is very hard to reproduce. I have tried it lots of times without
success. In fact, there are no more autobuild failures...

I think we can just wait until upstream fixes the problem since nobody
else (autobuilders included) reported this problem again :P

Vicente Olivert Riera
Graduate Software Engineer, MIPS Processor IP
Imagination Technologies Limited
t: +44 (0)113 2429814
www.imgtec.com