[Buildroot] Problem building buildroot toolchain with some libraries installed

Stephen Thomas scjthm at live.com
Mon Nov 3 02:03:34 UTC 2014

Hi All
I am seeing an error of this type (below) when configuring gcc 4.9.2:Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-version.c: 224: _dl_check_map_versions: Assertion `needed != ((void *)0)' failed!
This only appears since I upgraded the gentoo 4.9 compiler to 4.9.2 (from 4.9.1).  I have gcc on gentoo linked in with cloog-0.18.1, yet the buildroot version in the buildroot toolchain is using  cloog-0.18.2.
My investigation has lead me to believe that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH set in the environment in package/Makefile.in for the host tools is causing the gcc on the host that is being used to compile the gcc for the target is loading this library.
I can work around this issue by using the LB_LIBRARY_PATH antidote, namely an LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libcloog-isl.so and it all works fine. But I still believe that this might be a problem.
Cheers
Stevo