[Buildroot] root password and dhcp

cem akpolat akpolatcem at gmail.com
Fri May 23 14:10:52 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I have compiled a new file system via buildroot and modified the .cpio
according to my requirements, then repack it and run with the linux kernel.

My first question how can I access via ssh without root password? For
instance in openwrt file system, it is possible to access firstly through
telnet, if required, you can assign a password after the telnet connection.
Does buildroot provide the same functionality?

Secondly, it seems that the dhcp doesn't work well, because even though the
users connected to hostapd (I can see the messages), the assignment of the
ip doesn't take place. What could be possible issue here? I am using dnsmaq
and dhcp packages and all configurations are defined actually in
dnsmasq.conf.

Here is the configuration file content:

dhcp-leasefile=/var/tmp/dnsmasq.leases
dhcp-range=wlan0,192.168.126.10,192.168.126.250,1m
resolv-file=/etc/resolv.dnsmasq.conf

Thanks,

Cem Akpolat