[Buildroot] buildroot compilation error

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed May 14 13:52:17 UTC 2014

Dear rajesh gandla,

On Wed, 14 May 2014 17:52:29 +0530, rajesh gandla wrote:

>         When ever i am trying to make the build root finally i am
> getting the output like THIS IS NOT YOUR ROOT FILE SYSTEM.here i am
> attaching the screen shot.please go thriugh that and solve the
> problem.
>    i am using
>                        ubuntu 11.04 version host system
>                        buildroot 2014.02 version
>                        i want to crosscompile the kernel and xenomai
> for powerpc target board.
>
> can u please tell me the procedure to do this.what are the things i
> have to select in makemenuconfig.

According to your screenshot, your build was successful.

The message about THIS_IS_NOT_YOUR_ROOT_FILESYSTEM is just in some
commands used to copy a file with this name in the output/target/
directory so that users are clearly aware that output/target/ is *not*
the root filesystem to be used directly on the target, and that they
should instead use a filesystem image, such as an UBIFS image, a
tarball, an ext3 filesystem, or any other filesystem image format
supported by Buildroot.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons