[Buildroot] virtual-packages: the case for multiple providers selected

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed May 14 08:11:57 UTC 2014

On 13/05/14 20:09, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
>   - add a choice to select one and only provider at a time, and make all
>     the providers prompt-less config options so it is not possible to
>     choose more than one at a time;

 I'm really against this. One of the great things about the current virtual
package infrastructure is that it makes it possible to avoid a choice construct.
And it still is possible to have the choice construct as well. Just perfect.

>   - add a pre-build check that verifies that not two providers of the
>     same feature are selected, and bail out early in the build if that
>     is the case.

 With Yann's proposed patch I think this is really feasible.

 Regards,
 Arnout