[Buildroot] CMake requires ncurses

Luca Ceresoli luca at lucaceresoli.net
Wed May 7 17:37:23 UTC 2014

Hi Fabio,

Fabio Porcedda wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:
>> Dear Fabio Porcedda,
>>
>> On Wed, 7 May 2014 17:32:38 +0200, Fabio Porcedda wrote:
>>
>>> Are you sure that In your system there isn't installed the ncurses
>>> development package?
>>>
>>> On my ubuntu distribution if i uninstall the libncurses5-dev package i got:
>>>
>>> make defconfig && make allyespackageconfig
>>>
>>> make host-cmake
>>
>> Well, right. On my system, libncurses-dev is definitely installed, but
>> I was thinking that on the autobuilders chroot it is not. But in fact
>> it is, for a simple reason: libncurses-dev is needed for 'make
>> menuconfig'.

Still I find it strange that it fails. If libncurses-dev is not
found, CMake just disables building ccmake. Maybe you had configured
host-cmake with libncurses-dev installed, then (re)built it without
libncurses?

Anyway, this is not that important because...

>> So I believe you're maybe using 'make xconfig' or 'make gconfig', and
>> therefore you don't need to have the libncurses development files
>> installed.
>
> Well, i found that only because I used buildroot on a fresh installed
> system, i usually have installed the ncurses development files.
> I just think that it's useful to take care of it because it's not fun
> that the building fail halfway, so we have to choose between:
> -  document it
> - add the dependency to cmake
> -  disable it
> The last option seems to be the preferred one.

...disabling ccmake is by far the best thing to do.

I'm having a look at your patch right now.

--
Luca