[Buildroot] Packages Missing License Information

Ryan Barnett rjbarnet at rockwellcollins.com
Wed May 7 15:26:49 UTC 2014

All,

With my recent submission of patches to fix missing license information, I
was curious to see how many packages are missing licensing information. I
have found that we are missing licensing information on 186 packages
according to my basic grep command. The command I used to get 186 is as
follows:

git grep -L "_LICENSE" package/*/*.mk | wc -l

Granted, this command isn't perfect and there are probably already some
packages that have license information defined in a subdirectory
(specifically thinking of gcc). However, I think that it gives a good idea
of how many packages are missing license files.

I will try to update license information for these files as times permits
but I thought I would share the list of packages that I found don't have
license information for them. The command I used is:

git grep -L "_LICENSE" package/*/*.mk | cut -d '/' -f2 | tr '\n' ' '

The list of packages:

acl alsamixergui at attr blackbox bmon bonnie bootutils bsdiff can-utils
cloop crosstool-ng cryptodev cvs dbus-glib dbus-python devmem2 dfu-util
dhrystone dmraid doom-wad eeprog efl elftosb explorercanvas ezxml fconfig
feh fis flac freescale-imx gadgetfs-test gcc genromfs giblib
glib-networking gob2 gptfdisk gqview grantlee gstreamer gstreamer1
gtk2-engines gtk2-themes gtkperf gvfs heirloom-mailx hwdata input-tools
iperf ipkg ipsec-tools irda-utils jpeg-turbo jpeg jsmin kexec latencytop
leafpad lesstif libaio libarchive libargtable2 libart libconfuse libedit
liberation libesmtp libev libevent libfreefare libftdi libgail libgeotiff
libglade libgtk2 libhid libical libiconv libiqrf libjpeg
liblog4c-localtime libmbus libmms liboauth libraw libraw1394 librsvg
libsvgtiny libsysfs libv4l libxml-parser-perl libyaml linux-fusion
linux-headers lite localedef logsurfer lpc3250loader lshw lsuio
luainterpreter lzma makedevs matchbox metacity mplayer mrouted musepack
nasm ndisc6 netplug network-manager nss-mdns ocf-linux open2300 opencv
opengl openocd pango pcmanfm perf powervr prboom proxychains-ng
python-distutilscross python-dpkt python-id3 python-m2crypto python-mad
python-nfc python-pygame python3 qt5 quota qwt radvd read-edid rpm
rsh-redone rsyslog rt-tests rtai rubix sane-backends sawman setserial
shared-mime-info slang socketcand sound-theme-borealis
sound-theme-freedesktop sqlcipher squashfs sredird sstrip
startup-notification statserial sunxi-boards sunxi-cedarx sunxi-mali-prop
sunxi-mali synergy sysklogd sysprof texinfo tftpd thttpd ti-utils
tinyhttpd torsmo transmission uclibc udpcast uemacs usbmount vtun webkit
webrtc-audio-processing whetstone x11r7 x11vnc xfsprogs xterm xvkbd yasm

Thanks,
-Ryan