[Buildroot] Linux won't build any more?

Vincent Stehlé vincent.stehle at freescale.com
Tue Mar 4 07:46:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

FYI I wonder if the recent commits on the master branch have not broken
linux kernel build in some cases. For example:

   $ make freescale_imx6sabresd_defconfig
   $ make
   linux/linux.mk:171: *** Configuration file
'/arch/arm/configs/imx6_defconfig' not found..  Stop.

Same with qemu_arm_vexpress_defconfig.

Git bisect points at commit b4cacbf5b15db06132b5f401d39b4c8d4e79158e,
"linux: check the configuration file exists". If I revert this commit
build will indeed still complain about the config but will go further.

Best regards,

V.