[Buildroot] State of your Qt 5 patches

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sun Mar 2 11:31:00 UTC 2014

Dear Peter Kümmel,

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 11:35:07 +0100, Peter Kümmel wrote:

> > Could you have a look at the following patches, and let me know which
> > ones no longer makes sense (because you have sent a new version) and
> > which ones still make sense:
> >
> >   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/320476/
> >   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/320475/
> >   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/320472/
> >   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/320462/
> >   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/320407/
> >   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/317465/
> >   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/317462/
> >   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/317461/
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> the patches where intended for 2014.02.

And why wouldn't they be usable now?

> Maybe we should simply drop them and wait for Qt 5.3, planned for 29th Apr 2014:
> http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-5.3-release

That doesn't seem like a good idea. April, 29th will be very close to
2014.05-rc1, and so it might be too late to get the changes in.

I would really like those Qt 5.2.1 changes to get it now. Can you tell
me which patches from the list above still make sense?

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons