[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2014-06-08

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Wed Jun 11 21:54:25 UTC 2014

Eric, Thomas, Peter, All,

Thomas, Peter, you input is requested, below...

On 2014-06-11 23:47 +0200, Eric Le Bihan spake thusly:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:13:03PM +0200, Yann E. MORIN wrote:

> > > Maybe there will be a backport of coreutils for Debian Wheezy ;-)

> > > I think this is the more future-proof solution. I'll post a patch implementing
> > > this.
> >
> > Can we just use the ln wrapper as suggested in the referenced thread?
>
> Should it be provided by the systemd package or should we create a new one?
> Are there other packages that require such wrappers?

I think if we go that route, we should just bundle it in Buildroot, and
always install it.

After all, all this wrapper does is look for --relative in the
arguments, and if found, emulates it; otherwise, it just calls to the
real ln.

Sounds reasonable to me (although I did not look too closely if the
script was entirely correct.)

But I'd like input from Thomas and Peter on that one.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.