[Buildroot] autoconf caching

Dallas Clement dallas.a.clement at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 22:06:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Thomas Petazzoni <
thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:

> Dear Dallas Clement,
>
> On Thu, 5 Jun 2014 11:34:41 -0500, Dallas Clement wrote:
>
> > I'm getting killed by autoconf.  My builds take 1.5 hours even with
> ccache
> > turned on.  Most of the cores in my very impressive build machine are
>
> Could you post the build-time.log file of your build, and the .config
> file you're using? What are the specifications of your build machine?
> Do you build inside a virtual machine ? Do you build over NFS ?
>
> Thomas
> --
> Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
> Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering
> http://free-electrons.com

You bet.  Please see attached.  I'm in the process of fully upgrading over
to latest buildroot / master from 2012.08 so there is probably still some
deprecated stuff in my .config.

My build machine is a HP server with 8 core Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2637 v2
@ 3.50GHz.  The OS is RHEL 6.4 64 bit.  No virtual machine and no NFS.