[Buildroot] git binary diffs are not supported

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jul 17 21:29:08 UTC 2014

Dear Jörg Krause,

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 23:13:24 +0200, Jörg Krause wrote:

> I have a board with NAND flash which locates the root filesystem as
> UBIFS. I tried to load the device driver of the wifi device as a module
> at boot time. The driver tries to read the firmware binary from rootfs,
> but unfortunately the builtin UBIFS driver is loaded after this.

Hu? If your wifi driver is built as a module, then surely it gets
loaded *after* the root filesystem has been mounted: kernel modules are
files, so you cannot load them before the root filesystem is mounted.

Can you show your kernel .config file, as well as the complete boot log
of your platform?

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons