[Buildroot] Open bug overview: help wanted!

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jul 15 20:12:34 UTC 2014

Dear Károly Kasza,

On Tue, 15 Jul 2014 21:27:51 +0200, Károly Kasza wrote:

> > 3427 enhancement s.martin49 at gmail.com New package: nginx
>
> nginx is not using a "normal" autoconfigure/automake system, so
> cross-compiling it is nearly impossible. I've some experimental patch,
> which still needs a lot of work. I'm not sure if it can be integrated
> without completely rewriting the nginx build infrastructure.

Looking at the Yocto/OpenEmbedded recipe might be useful:
http://cgit.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/?id=c6e1be52b71c9c234de6aebd036a0e7898a89338.

> > 3991 enhancement unassigned at buildroot.uclibc.org New Package:
> > open-vm-tools (Vmware Tools)
> >

> I've sent 2 patches to make this work,
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/338483/ is the second one based on the
> comments of Thomas.
> It's broken now, because of the procps -> procps-ng change, and also a new
> version of openvmtools is out since. I'll send a new updated patch in the
> near future. Any feedback is appreciated.

Make sure to also include <pkg>_LICENSE and <pkg>_LICENSE_FILES when
you send a new version of the open-vm-tools package.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons