[Buildroot] Open bug overview: help wanted!

Károly Kasza kaszak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 19:27:51 UTC 2014

Hello,

> Then there are a number of bug reports that I currently care less about.
> Several of them are related to new packages (no bugs), some of them
> are there to indicate that certain packages are disabled on a given
> configuration, and some are real problems.
> Takers for these bugs?
>
> 3427 enhancement s.martin49 at gmail.com New package: nginx

nginx is not using a "normal" autoconfigure/automake system, so
cross-compiling it is nearly impossible. I've some experimental patch,
which still needs a lot of work. I'm not sure if it can be integrated
without completely rewriting the nginx build infrastructure.

> 3991 enhancement unassigned at buildroot.uclibc.org New Package:
> open-vm-tools (Vmware Tools)

I've sent 2 patches to make this work,
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/338483/ is the second one based on the
comments of Thomas.
It's broken now, because of the procps -> procps-ng change, and also a new
version of openvmtools is out since. I'll send a new updated patch in the
near future. Any feedback is appreciated.

BR
Karoly