[Buildroot] systed-remount-fs rootfs issue

Jérôme Pouiller jezz at sysmic.org
Mon Jul 7 14:05:15 UTC 2014

Hello Nathaniel,

On Thursday 03 July 2014 19:36:50 Nathaniel Roach wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to get buildroot working on an x86_64 machine (pentium d) and
> I was having some trouble getting root as rw. I've found that even if /
> is set to mount rw in fstab, systemd-remount-fs doesn't mount it as rw
> (as from what I've read it should).
In order to help you, can you provide a few additional information?

Does systemctl report remount-rootfs.service as failed? What happens if you
try to remount your filesystem manually (by doing "mount -o remount,rw /")?

What is type of your filesystem? NFS?

Is your mount command is provided by busybox?

(I have already found some issues with NFS and busybox mount command)

--
Jérôme Pouiller - Sysmic
Expert Linux embarqué