[Buildroot] Raspberry Pi: recommendations for web kiosk

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Thu Jul 3 16:34:15 UTC 2014

On 02/07/14 11:04, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Eric Le Bihan
> <eric.le.bihan.dev at free.fr> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 03:15:25PM +0200, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
>>> Hi Eric,

>>> This is not a commercial product, but rather an internal information
>>> screen used on the workfloor. So writing custom applications, which I
>>> assume is quite some work, is not acceptable. I am hoping for a more
>>> or less out-of-the-box solution...
>> Well, thanks to QML and QtWebkit, that is pretty doable. I hacked a quick
>> example at https://github.com/elebihan/webkiosk, inspired by the Qt examples.
>>
>> AFAIK, running it with the '-platform eglfs' option should do the trick (not
>> tested, my RPi is out of order :-( )
>>

> Is this a QT4 or QT5 project?
> I enabled qt5 in buildroot, together with the qt5webkit and qt5quick1
> packages, and then ran qmake in your webkiosk project. However, 'qml'
> and 'quick' modules are not found.
> How is this supposed to work?
>
> Looking at the sources in qt5quick1, I don't see any reference to the
> installation of a 'quick' module, only of 'declarative'.

 It's qt5declarative that you want. qt5quick1 is a compatibility library for the
"old" QtQuick from Qt4.

 You can know which one you need by looking at the import:

import QtQuick 2.0 => qt5declarative

import QtQuick 1.0 => qt5quick1

 The names of the libraries is unfortunately the reverse of the names of the
packages.

 Regards,
 Arnout