[Buildroot] Error building with external toolchain

Danny Gale Daniel.Gale at coloradoengineeringinc.com
Fri Jan 31 17:05:59 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble getting buildroot to import my external
toolchain properly. The output is:

 >>> toolchain undefined Extracting
 >>> toolchain undefined Patching
 >>> toolchain-external undefined Extracting
 >>> toolchain-external undefined Patching
 >>> toolchain-external undefined Configuring
 >>> toolchain-external undefined Building
 >>> toolchain-external undefined Installing to staging directory
 >>> toolchain-external undefined Copying external toolchain libraries
to target...
make[1]: ***
[/home/dgale/Documents/system_build/bld/start.buildroot-2013.11/output/build/toolchain-external-undefined/.stamp_staging_installed]
Error 255
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/dgale/Documents/system_build/bld/start.buildroot-2013.11'
make: *** [.buildroot] Error 2

I have been unable to get make to output any useful error messages here,
even using the -d flag.

This error shows release 2013.11, but there are similar problems with
the latest git snapshot.

What is the problem here? Has anybody run into this before? I should
mention that the toolchain being imported is 64-bit. This is NOT an
issue using an equivalent toolchain at 32-bits. The 64-bit toolchain,
however, doesn't support multilib.

What will be required to get buildroot working with the 64-bit toolchain?

Thanks,
Danny