[Buildroot] Project layout : where to put the .config files

Mike Zick minimod at morethan.org
Thu Jan 30 11:39:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014 10:53:58 +0100 (CET)
Jeremy Rosen <jeremy.rosen at openwide.fr> wrote:

> Buildroot is currently in the process of cleanly separating files
> that are generated by buildroot and are throwaway files (in the
> output directory) from files that are configuration files (the
> BR2_EXTERNAL directory)

Are you sure of that?

The discussion that I have seen here is that BR2_EXTERNAL tree
is for the "proprietary" files, not just configuration files.

Note:
Here "proprietary" is used as a generalization for the
portion of the overall build tree that is not required to be
made public.

And:
This list has already had the discussion over how the .config
files should be considered.
I.E: Are they some of the "required public" files to meet the
requirements of Section 3 of the GPLv2 license.

Mike