[Buildroot] Configuring the gpsd package

Gabi Kelemen Gabi.Kelemen at VERIFONE.com
Wed Jan 29 07:31:53 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

First, thank you Thomas for trying to assist with my issue as well.

Currently it seems to work, I am able to build and the gpsd works well.
After ignoring both dependencies: BR2_USE_MMU , BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_THREADS, the package was successfully built and I was able to see and check it under menuconfig.

Again, thank you both for your time.

Gabi.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Petazzoni [mailto:thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:42 PM
To: Baruch Siach
Cc: Gabi Kelemen; buildroot at busybox.net
Subject: Re: [Buildroot] Configuring the gpsd package

Dear Baruch Siach,

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 21:07:25 +0200, Baruch Siach wrote:

> > Correct, but Buildroot checks the selection the user has made in
> > menuconfig against the real configuration of the toolchain, and if
> > they don't match, the Buildroot build doesn't even start. Therefore,
> > there is normally no way to do an incorrect configuration here.
>
> Interesting. Where is the code implementing this check? Does it detect
> threading support when the user has not indicated that the toolchain
> has it (as is apparently the case here)?

It is implemented at
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/toolchain/helpers.mk#n246.

And yes, it does both the "positive" check and the "negative" check:

 * If the toolchain has thread support, but the user hasn't selected
   the thread support for his external toolchain, we error out.

 * If the toolchain does not have thread support, but the user has
   selected thread support, we error out.

> > > As to MMU, for some reason this is option is disabled on your
> > > configuration, although clearly your target has MMU enabled.
> >
> > Where have you seen Gabi's .config ? I've gone through this thread
> > again, and I haven't seen his .config.
>
> The message at
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.uclibc.buildroot/73739
> may be interpreted as saying that MMU and HAS_THREADS are not enabled,
> though it is more likely that only HAS_THREADS is missing.

Ok. We clearly don't have enough informations to help Gabi, unfortunately.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering http://free-electrons.com

This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed. The information contained in this message shall be considered confidential and proprietary, and may include confidential work product. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this email immediately.