[Buildroot] Configuring the gpsd package

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jan 28 19:42:14 UTC 2014

Dear Baruch Siach,

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 21:07:25 +0200, Baruch Siach wrote:

> > Correct, but Buildroot checks the selection the user has made in
> > menuconfig against the real configuration of the toolchain, and if they
> > don't match, the Buildroot build doesn't even start. Therefore, there
> > is normally no way to do an incorrect configuration here.
>
> Interesting. Where is the code implementing this check? Does it detect
> threading support when the user has not indicated that the toolchain has it
> (as is apparently the case here)?

It is implemented at
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/toolchain/helpers.mk#n246.

And yes, it does both the "positive" check and the "negative" check:

 * If the toolchain has thread support, but the user hasn't selected
   the thread support for his external toolchain, we error out.

 * If the toolchain does not have thread support, but the user has
   selected thread support, we error out.

> > > As to MMU, for some reason this is option is disabled on your
> > > configuration, although clearly your target has MMU enabled.
> >
> > Where have you seen Gabi's .config ? I've gone through this thread
> > again, and I haven't seen his .config.
>
> The message at http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.uclibc.buildroot/73739
> may be interpreted as saying that MMU and HAS_THREADS are not enabled, though
> it is more likely that only HAS_THREADS is missing.

Ok. We clearly don't have enough informations to help Gabi,
unfortunately.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons