[Buildroot] Patchwork oldest patches cleanup #6 (deadline February 2)

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 20:07:01 UTC 2014

Hi all,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 10:06 PM, Thomas De Schampheleire
<patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Here is session 6 of the patchwork cleanup. For those who haven't
> followed previous sessions, here is a quick recap: every session we'll
> be posting the list of the 10 oldest patches, with the original patch
> contributors in copy. During two weeks, we have the opportunity to
> discuss the patch, whether it is still necessary or not, how it should
> be changed to be merged.
>
> In particular, I'm interested in knowing if the original contributor is
> still interested by the patch, or if someone else is interested in
> adopting the patch and sending an updated version, or if the patch no
> longer makes sense due to other changes made in Buildroot.
>
> All patches that have not received any comment or attention before the
> deadline will be removed from patchwork. This is aggressive, but we have
> many 'dead' patches sitting in patchwork, and this cannot work.
>
> Deadline for this session is February 2 (FOSDEM + Buildroot developer days!).
>
> Below are the 11 oldest patches (obtained with a slightly modified
> version of pwclient):
> [ pwclient list -s New -n 21 ] (and skip Delegated patches)
>
> (Note: temporarily increased amount to 11 to include the entire python
> patch series)

Here is an intermediate overview:

> Update dmraid from 1.0.0-rc15 to 1.0.0-rc16-3.
> Antony Vennard <arv at vx9.co.uk>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/213230

No feedback yet.

> Linux: enable local Linux tarball in config
> Stephan Hoffmann <sho at relinux.de>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/217204

Patch not needed, problem can be solved by prefixing URL with file://.

> minimal dockstar setup
> Steve Calfee <stevecalfee at gmail.com>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/217639

Rejected as per feedback of Steve.

> scripts: xorg-release: handle case when version needs downgrade
> Nicolas Dechesne <ndec13 at gmail.com>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/218109

No feedback yet.

> [v2] configs: at91sam9260eknf: new configuration for Atmel AT91SAM9260-EK
> Fabio Porcedda <fabio.porcedda at gmail.com>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/218928

Superseded patch.

> [1/1] python: fix to ensure libpython is stripped
> Przemyslaw Wrzos <przemyslaw.wrzos at calyptech.com>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/220024

Resubmitted and thus superseded.

> [v4,1/5] Python menu reorganization
> kpa_info at yahoo.fr
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/220706
>
> [v4,2/5] Add python3 config directory simlink
> kpa_info at yahoo.fr
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/220707
>
> [v4,3/5] Add PYTHON variable to ease the support of both version
> kpa_info at yahoo.fr
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/220705
>
> [v4,4/5] python-bottle: Convert package to be used with python2 or python3
> kpa_info at yahoo.fr
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/220708
>
> [v4,5/5] python-serial: Convert package to be used with python2 or python3
> kpa_info at yahoo.fr
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/220709

No feedback on the above yet.

Further feedback will be very much appreciated!

Thanks,