[Buildroot] make clean (did not really clean)

Mau Z zmau1962 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 12:40:20 UTC 2014

Hi!

I just want to share some information (maybe known to all):

I did several experiments in order to build a Linux image (with build-root
13.05).
In one of them I have added udev to the image. later on I have removed udev
from the image.
But, actually I was not removed whatever I did, it was still there on the
next boot (I could see it in dmesg).

make clean
delete every thing from the target

The only thing that helped was "make distclean"
Warning about "make distclean" :  it deletes ALL files which where not part
of the build-root distribution (This is it's design). So, one should copy
text files and config files to a temporary location before issuing "make
distclean".

Thanks
Mau