[Buildroot] Empty utility package scripts

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Wed Jan 8 21:43:46 UTC 2014

Andre, All,

On 2014-01-09 09:36 +1300, Andre Renaud spake thusly:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to create a utility package script which doesn't do any
> downloading, just copies some local files around (startup scripts),
> and creates a user in /etc/passwd. However I can't find any examples
> of packages that don't do any downloading/configuring/building.

In your pkg.mk, just set:

    PKG_SOURCE =

(replace 'pkg' and 'PKG' with actual name of your package, of course).

To create a user, see:
    http://buildroot.net/downloads/manual/manual.html#_infrastructure_for_packages_with_specific_build_systems
and:
    http://buildroot.net/downloads/manual/manual.html#makeuser-syntax