[Buildroot] command line regular expression substitution fails

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jan 7 22:20:18 UTC 2014

Dear Ed Sutter,

On Tue, 07 Jan 2014 16:33:06 -0500, Ed Sutter wrote:

> I'm using buildroot for the first time to set up rootfs on an iMX6
> based platform.  I've been debugging a startup issue and just realized
> that the the line...

[...]

> and I see that fails as well.  I'm guessing this is some kind of busybox
> configuration (regex/readline/etc..) issue, but since I got it all
> through buildroot,
> I figured I'd try here first.
> Any ideas?

Can you show your Buildroot configuration (i.e the .config file) ? Did
you customize the Busybox configuration using "make
busybox-menuconfig", or provided a custom Busybox configuration file?

Normally, if you keep the default Busybox configuration provided by
Buildroot, it works.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons