[Buildroot] Few questions external toolchain

Marco Trapanese marcotrapanese at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 13:34:12 UTC 2014

Il 25/02/2014 14:10, Thomas De Schampheleire ha scritto:
> The external toolchain wrapper is created automatically by buildroot
> when the toolchain is 'installed'. However, above I see two different
> paths: /home/marco/dev/fsl-linaro-toolchain/bin/ext-toolchain-wrapper
> and ~/dev/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/ Have you moved the buildroot
> repository to another location? Normally the toolchain wrapper is
> located in <output>/host/usr/bin, just like the symbolic links that
> point to it. Best regards, Thomas

Thomas,
the first path:

/home/marco/dev/fsl-linaro-toolchain/fsl-linaro-toolchain/bin

is where I put my toolchain.
The second one:

home/marco/dev/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/

is where buildroot wrapped the toolchain, but of course
/home/marco/dev/fsl-linaro-toolchain/bin/ext-toolchain-wrapper does not
exist!

I tried to let buildroot to download the tarball but it's the same.
In the meanwhile I fix this issue I'm compiling using the built-in
codesourcery toolchain.

Best regards
Marco